Ven2-4Cancer has a strict zero-cost policy. It is our absolute guarantee that 100% of all funds raised contribute directly to research into prevention, cures and recovery. The transparency and the integrity of our finances must be absolute, to honour the trust of our contributors and our relationship with the patients.
Many fund raising charities suffer criticism for their use of donations to run the fund raising itself. Regardless of their justification, such doubts undermine the credibility and success of any initiative. Ven2-4Cancer respects its sponsors intention for all funds to contribute directly to the improvement of life for cancer victims.
Ven2-4Cancer and the other Inspire2Live initiatives implement the following zero-cost policy:
- All funds from our sponsors reach the Vlaamse Liga tegen Kanker (VLK) in full.
- The organization incurs no costs unless strictly necessary (paying is not an option!)
- When costs become imperative, all participants bear them together. On no account do sponsors bear any of the costs. Often participants pay their own way in equipment, travel and accommodation.
- If the participants are unable to bear the costs, the investment does not go forward, and another, preferably free, alternative is sought.
- Donations in kind are converted to capital to benefit VLK at maximum profit. Exceptions are the donation of services that benefit the entire event. Examples are meeting facilities made available for gatherings, transport and logistics to Mont Ventoux for equipment and supplies, accounting assistance for Inspire2Live and its subsidiaries.
- Sponsors have a 100% guarantee that all funds reach VLK and benefit directly the improvement of quality of life with cancer.
The organization and its participants are committed to demonstrate that exceptional results are achieved without any need to cut corners.
Ven2-4Cancer encourages its participants to keep costs to a minimum: very few expenses are mandatory. These include the participation fee and the official cycling outfit. Other than these investments, Ven2-4Cancer counts on all its cyclists, supporters and volunteers to mobilize sponsors and raise funds, and to vanquish Mont Ventoux and any other impossible challenges they face!
The Dutch initiative, Alpe d’HuZes, has grown in three years to 500 cyclists, 1500 volunteers and 3.6 million Euro in net sponsoring. At zero cost to the sponsors. A new standard emerges for effective fund raising, and yields growing admiration and respect.
Ven2-4Cancer will surprise Belgium with the same unconventional approach to achieve improbable successes.